Monday, June 25, 2007

You always keep on smile and teached us.

So I think some alternate names for this blog could have been:

Barney Teacher Goes To School
Korean Middle School Girls Say The Best Things Sometimes
Can You Tell I Like My Students?

3 of my favorite second grade (8th grade US) students and I went out this Sunday for a last hooray. We ate lunch at KimBop Heaven and then went to Jungmun Beach "to take pictures". JaeEun, the sweetest of them all, gave me a lovely bookmark and the cutest, best, most life-affirming letter I have ever received. It reads, verbatim, as follows:

Ms. Barney
Hello, I'm Jae Eun.
We met moment, and we have to say good-bye already.
I didn't like English long time ago.
But I love English when I met you.
Maybe you so harded being adapted.
But you are always smile.
And when you speak Korea your so cute!!!
I was happy all day long
Because we will meet this Sunday
I want to share many conversation with you.
It's sad that I can't speak English well.
I want to be good in English soon, Because I feel like a fool when I can't write what I want to say in English.
Humm...when you leave out I will miss your class.
I hope you are always healthy and make good recollection in the Korea.
I never forget you.
Ahh!! Please give me a present
Your picture or old thing (don't misunderstand that's okay)
I want to remember you when I see your present.
(I'm very very sorry, it's a very difficult asking.)
You always keep on smile and teached us.
I am thank you and thank you.
I want you don't think me a country fellow
You remember me a special student.
Your my special teacher
During your class I am thank you Ms. Barney
Then Bye. I will always miss you!!
I Love You.

I think Ms. Barney
1. She don't like kimchi
2. She want to be a congresswoman (?)
3. She is very beautiful and charming
4. She has blond hair
5. Her mother is tall
6. Her favorite music is "Stand by Me"
7. She is rich (Her house is very big--google earth)
8. She will realize her dream
9. She is best teacher in my life

Well, JaeEun, my hair is highlighted and I am not rich (my students thought my dad's whole condo complex was our house...we had to make a return visit to Atlanta on google earth to clear that one up) but I do love you and think your letter is the best thing anyone has ever written to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home