Tuesday, August 01, 2006

my new v.b.f (very best friend)



Today i received a very exciting email from Jin, my co-teacher at my school, aka my new best friend. The role of the co-teacher is a built-in best friend/guardian angel that Fulbright requires your school to set up for you. Not only will Jin help me plan my school schedule and facilitate planning between the principal and me, she is also in charge of helping me set up a bank account and cell phone. I already don't know what I would do without her and we haven't even met yet. She seems absolutely adorable and "warm-hearted" as she says. I just can't wait to meet her and be life long friends. Below are the pictures (our school and her classroom) and a copy of the email she sent me.



Dear Kate,
Hello! You might be very surprised to get this e-mail.
I will be your co-teacher at the school where you are
gonna work in Jeju. My name is Hyun Jin, and you can
just call me Jin. I guess you really want to know
about what your school, your hostfamily and your
co-teacher are like. That's why i decided to send this
e-mail to you. Here is a little imformation about
that. Your school is Seogwi Jungang Girls' Middle
School, which has 16 classes and 30 teachers. There
are four Korean English teachers here. As you can
notice by the school's name, my school has only girls,
no boy students. You're supposed to teach all 16
classes once a week. You'll also have a regular
meeting with Enlgihs teachers of my school, kind of
study meeting. All English teachers in this school are
female and warm-hearted and very enthusiastic about
teaching Englihs. They're very nice people including
me.(Hehe!)

We English teachers and vice-principle(Mr. Kang, who
can understand English and speak some English) are
tring our best to get you a nicest host family. I'll
send you more e-mails as soon as we decide your host
family.

I got a document about you from Korean-American
Educational commission. The printing was so bad that I
couldn't see your photo,(It's all blurry and looked
like a just shadow.) Both Principal and Vice principal
of our school are so much interested in English
education and very supportive in every activities
related English Education. I'm sending some pictures
about our school and myself with this e-mail.
I'm really happy to be your co-teacher. I can't wait
to see you. We can see each other on August 17th. I'm
gonna send a few more e-mails before the day. I hope
you're having a great time there. Bye.


From Jin

1 Comments:

Blogger Lmccarth said...

Jin looks sassy and fantastic. I am so happy for you.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home