Monday, May 29, 2006

Interests: Unpacking and Packing

I arrived home to Atlanta just two nights ago. I am loving the time with family and friends and the hot Georgian heat that, as only it can, fills every pore of my skin and every cubic inch of my lungs with every breathe.

Mostly I have been spending quite bit of quality time with every single one of my earthly possessions. I am sprawled out this very moment in the basement of my father's house among boxes full to the brim with wrinkled clothes and bubble-wrapped picture frames, half-pairs of shoes and unwanted and wanted paperback books. I always gain these perspectives on life when I am packing and unpacking...it is one of my least and most favorite things to do all at one time. As I packed up my car in Gambier one week ago I felt so very overwhelmed with how I would never leave Gambier again in that same way--emotional and sweaty from a rushed dumping of things in to boxes to be shipped and Jetta Wagon to be driven--I no longer would be returning in the fall from the summer or in the winter from Christmas break. I no longer receive mail addressed with the zip code 43022. I no longer shake Middle Path pebbles out of my shoes every day when I get home from school. Everything is changing and different...a state which is one of my least and most favorite things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home